Our specialists in criminal defence have a broad range of experience in fraud, business and white collar crime. If you have been accused of fraud or are being investigated for a business-related crime, we can help.
Our highly experienced staff are well-equipped to deal with all kinds of fraud and business crime whatever the complexity of the alleged fraud or the value or scale of the prosecution.
Experience in fraud and business crime
Cases we have previously conducted include:
- Large scale tax evasion
- Money laundering arising from payroll schemes
- Clients accused of defrauding their employers
- ‘Boiler room’ fraud
- Timeshare fraud
- Ordering and returning goods on the internet fraud
- Hacking and cyber crime
We have also represented a range of professionals who have been unfortunate enough to find themselves before the court accused of white collar crime.
Solicitors specialising in fraud
If you are being investigated for any type of fraud offence and want to know what you can do to defend yourself, contact our fraud lawyers. From providing advice about dealing with interviews to giving you the whole picture when it comes to potential penalties, punishments and consequences of fraud offences, we’ll be open and honest and most importantly, on your side.
Types of fraud investigations and cases our solicitors can help with include:
- Serious fraud
- Tax/revenue fraud
- VAT fraud
- Mortgage fraud
- Advance fee fraud
- False accounting
- Fraudulent trading
- Diversion fraud
- Cyber fraud
- Benefit fraud
- Insurance fraud
- Financing your fraud or business crime case
In circumstances where legal aid is available and you qualify for it, we can apply for this on your behalf. However the financial situation of many people facing white collar charges means that they are required to finance the legal costs associated with their case privately. In these circumstances we may be able to provide you with an upfront fixed-fee quote for your case. Our first meeting with you will always be on a free, no-obligation basis.
Solicitors specialising in business crime
As specialists in criminal defence, we have a great deal of experience in all types of criminal defence cases, not least those involving businesses and white collar crimes. Even if your employer is bringing a private case against you or you’re being investigated for false accounting, having a specialist in your corner who knows the procedures involved in business law cases will help you to be aware of what’s happening and what the potential consequences of your case might be.
Types of business crime cases our solicitors can help with include:
- White collar business crime
- Financial regulatory offences
- Money laundering
- Insider trading
- Cyber crime
Solicitors who go the extra mile to help
We will always do our best for our clients – here are some examples of how:
- We recognise how difficult it is to face any kind of allegation of dishonesty and treat all clients and cases with the same care and diligence.
- We value your time: if you can’t see us during working hours we’ll make an appointment for you after work, or even come to see you at home if you prefer.
- We can provide a complete service from the beginning of an investigation until the conclusion of any confiscation proceedings (including enforcement) by utilising our links with forensic accountants and specialist fraud and money laundering barristers.
- Our teams are based in Birmingham city centre but are easily able to meet you in other nearby locations, where we also have experience of representing fraud and business clients in court. Locations we cover include Birmingham, Worcester, Warwick, Coventry, Leamington Spa, Stafford and Wolverhampton to name a few. We have also represented clients appearing before courts in London, particularly Southwark Crown Court, where many serious fraud matters are tried.
To contact a member of our fraud and business crime team, call us on 0121 236 9781 or send us a message at email@example.com.
Our solicitors have a wealth of experience dealing with fraud, business and white-collar crime. If you are being investigated for a fraud or business-related offence, we can help whatever the scale or complexity of the alleged offence.